When choosing a gadget, pay attention to different parameters, but most importantly is an operating system. Is there a choice from buyers in 2019?
As of 2019, there are two current operating systems that make the market of mobile devices. In addition, there are several stable and operating OS on the potential of which it is difficult to argue. The reason for their "unpopularity" lies not in the absence of any functions, but in high competition - the monopolists of the Google market with their Android OS simply so positions will not be given.
Recalculate the manufacturers of mobile techniques that did not use the Android OS in their devices, it is possible on the fingers of one hand. The share of Android on the OS market exceeds 80% (!). Such statistics suggests that Android is the most popular operating system for mobile devices. California company Android Inc. It was formed in 2008, later it was bought by Google's search giant.
On September 3, 2019, there was a release of the new version of Android 10. Starting from it only numbers will be used in the title. Its output will bring a number of new features to smartphones and the next improvements in stability, security, optimization. Despite this, rumors are that Google's experts consider Android out of the system, so they prepare her full-fledged replacement. The successor can be FUCHSIA OS.
The first references to it appeared back in 2016, but Google did not receive comments that he gave rise to a number of speculation. The most interesting version says that the replacement of the existing OS will take place completely by 2023, and from 2021, Fuchsia OS will start installing on devices for the "smart" house. This information was denied the head of the Chrome OS and Android director Hiroshi Lokhaymer at the Google I / O 2019 conference. According to him, the development of a new OS is indeed conducted. The system can work with any devices from laptops before the technique of the "smart" house, but there is no specific plans for it. This is an experimental OS, which is tested for different purposes, but its fate is not yet defined.
The advantages of Android include:
- Open code - any qualified programmer can write an application and post it to the Android Play Market official store. In addition, smartphone manufacturers have their own stores.
- Ease of data transfer - if the user wants to download a favorite song or video to the smartphone's memory, he just needs to connect the gadget to the computer via a USB cable and transfer the file from one folder to another. There is no need to "fight" with additional software.
- Price - you can find an Android smartphone at a price of only 2 thousand rubles. It is the fact that Androids are available to both retirees and students that is the reason for the company's total dominance in the OS market.
- Customization - there are a lot of opportunities to "sharpen" the Android interface for yourself. Some options change the appearance of the OS so much that it is quite difficult to recognize the source in it.
The disadvantages include a quick battery drain due to constant use of the Internet and vulnerability to attacks by hackers - take care to install a high-quality antivirus follows immediately after purchase.
iOS is developed by Apple and is installed only on iPhone and iPad. As of 2019, it ranks second in terms of market presence. The current version is iOS 12, but the installation of iOS 13 will begin on September 19, 2019. Among the most anticipated innovations are the “dark” mode and the QuickPath function (swiping your finger across the keyboard you can type a word).
iOS features are as follows:
- Security - the system functions in such a way that a virus attack is completely excluded.
- Rich shop. There are just over 1 million applications in the AppStore - quantitatively, iOS loses to Android in this regard, but you need to remember that the OS has a closed code, therefore, all applications are written only by professional programmers and are of high quality.
- iPhone owner's virtual assistant Siri capable of executing commands and even having a dialogue with a person.
- It is believed that the iOS interface is more understandable for the user and requires a minimum of time to master it.
iOS is also not without flaws. For example, the user will have to download a song to the device's memory through a special iTunes program. Difficulties in data transfer are a kind of payment for increased security. There is only one app store here - and most of the software offered is distributed on a paid basis.
Windows 10 MOBILE
Bad news for a few Windows 10 Mobile phone owners - December 10, 2019 the last system updates will be released after which its support will be completely discontinued. Microsoft recommends that all users go to gadgets from Android and iOS and, if possible, do not delay, since the services will be disconnected. 12 months after the termination of support, that is, in December 2020, Windows 10 Mobile will cease to exist, and all devices will become useless with it.
The operating system for push-button devices developed on the basis of Linux. For a modern person, the current mobile phones with physical keyboard is in most cases devices for calls and SMS. KAIOS is designed to change user presentation and make such gadgets more functional.
Among the features:
- Support for GPS, LTE, Wi-Fi.
- Support applications written in HTML
- Energy efficiency - the system will not plant the battery.
- Support for devices with RAM from 256 MB.
- Own application store.
Despite the fact that KAIOS appeared only in 2017, she already attracted a lot of attention and received serious investment. In 2018, Google invested in it 22 million dollars. In addition, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are preset to the devices with this system. This suggests that she has a bright future and can be waiting for her widespread in the coming years.
It is important to understand, KAIOS is not a competitor iOS or Android. She has another landmark - weak phones with a keyboard keyboard. At this stage of development, the current version 2.6.0, released in May 2019.
Harmony OS - this is the brainchild of the company Huawei, which has not yet been published, but according to representatives of the company is a fully workable product, ready to release at any time. The system development began back in 2012, but after the Huawei conflict with the US authorities in the spring of 2019, the company had to speed up the work on it. By August 2019, it was voiced that OS was fully ready.
Initially, Harmony OS was created for the wearable electronics, but due to the features of its structure it is possible to put it on any device - from the car radio to the laptop. At the moment, the system was not presented in any device, and the nearest release will be held at the end of 2019 on Smart TV Huawei. The exact information about when Harmony OS will start to put into smartphones is not, but by some rumors the upcoming devices of Huawei and honor can go out on the Chinese market with their own OS. In addition, in the case of new sanctions by the United States, Huawei will be able to translate all its smartphones in 2 days to Harmony OS.
- High level of security.
- Fast response on any device.
- Virtualization is the easy portability of applications from any operating system.
The OS listed above is not the only one. However, those options that also exist and work are not widely represented in the market and have a narrow focus. An example is Fire OS, an operating system from Amazon. With it, several devices were released that did not go to the masses. In 2019, it is presented only in the company's set-top boxes, although it can be used in smartphones. Another example is Lineage OS based on Android. The system supports about 185 devices (including Pixel 3), is placed on top of the existing Android. The stable version supports Android 9.0 Pie, and already in December 2019, the developers promise to release a working build on Android 10.