In modern realities, smartphone users choose not only a specific model, but also a manufacturer. Often the love for a brand develops over many years, and buyers are extremely reluctant to switch from one brand to another.
Today we will talk about the market leaders — Samsung and Xiaomi. Based on the comparison of various parameters, we will try to select the best of the two manufacturers. You need to understand that the conclusions set out at the end of the article are not absolute truth. You may not agree with them, but the information below will help you form your own picture and make a choice in favor of a particular brand.
The first part of the comparison is the lines of smartphones offered by manufacturers.
The Chinese company Xiaomi produces a lot of devices every year. It has sub-brands Redmi, Black Shark and POCO, which, technically, are not entirely correct to call Xiaomi lines, but many users do not share these manufacturers.
So, Xiaomi offers the following series:
- Mi. Flagship devices with top parameters. In the fall of 2021, a rebranding was carried out. Now the top line of the company will become just numbered, that is, without the prefix "Mi" in the name, but in the next couple of years you can still find smartphones with the old name on the market. This lineup does not always offer expensive devices, as it also includes lightweight gadgets with the prefix Lite in the title. Most often, they offer somewhat reduced parameters compared to top-end devices, but at the same time they have a more interesting design and a wide selection of color options.
- Mi Note. This series differs from the devices of the Mi series in the presence of screens with a large diagonal and rather powerful filling, but they are cheaper, since flagship chips are not introduced here.
- Redmi. Under this name, smartphones of the mid-price segment are released, and there is a division into two series: Redmi and Redmi Note. The first in terms of the parameters is simpler and, accordingly, it is cheaper, they have a budget and ultrasound segment. Note Series - more and more powerful.
- POCO. Under this name, smartphones are issued, which today can be called "killers of flagships. Often, devices with "iron" appear here, which occurred in phones is 2-3 times more expensive. Initially, the Poco range was very limited, 1-2 models were out of the year, but recently it grew up to three episodes: M (the most inexpensive and "weak" devices), x (average price, powerful processors and Memory, but not The best cameras ), F (the most expensive devices inside the Poco subband with the most advanced components).
- Black Shark - a game series with top-filling, "aggressive" and bright design and additional gamers.
South Korean brand is inferior to Xiaomi by the number of issued In the year of devices, however, it has something to offer to its users:
- Galaxy S. Premium line, which includes flagships with top parameters. Like Xiaomi, inside it there is relatively inexpensive devices with Fe Fe (Fan Edition). These smartphones will enjoy those who are looking for the best stuffing, but without the unique features of the flagships, which allows you to save on the purchase.
- Galaxy Note. This series is positioned as smartphones for. It offers a filling from the devices of Galaxy S, but in another design. In addition, all smartphones of the series necessarily support stylistics. In 2021, a new device did not come out within the framework of the line, so it was rumored that it was completely closed. However, there is no official confirmation.
- Galaxy Z. Dear series offering a series of folding smartphones FOLD and FLIP.
- Galaxy A. Medium-price line combining a good filling, relatively low cost and quite refined design.
- Galaxy M. Initially, it was planned that these devices would be cheaper than the Galaxy A series, but as a result, the cost of them is approximately the same, and the difference lies in the fact that the M series is more practical. These phones do not boast a thin case and a pretty design, but instead, very capacious batteries are installed here, providing high performance. The hardware is all fairly equally, but the cameras are worse in comparison with the ruler Galaxy A.
Separately, it should be mentioned that the company has non-relocated models, for example, Galaxy A03 and A02 which are the most weak and cheap.
Also, periodically, the company has models with the "ACTIVE" console. These are smartphones with a protected housing created for active people.
Conclusion: Overall, both brands offer a large selection of smartphones and cover all price segments, but Xiaomi still wins in the number of devices. Also, this company has a gaming series, which is not Samsung.
The choice of models from both companies is very Wide, therefore, from the point of view of, the coverage of price segments of brands are in the same conditions. SAMSUNG fans will be able to find a suitable device based on the available budget. Similarly, difficulties will not arise from Xiaomi fans.
If we talk about a specific ratio of value and fillings, there will be an explicit leader here Xiaomi. The fact is that with approximately equal cost, the Xiaomi smartphone will always offer the best stuffing than Samsung (provided that these are actual models). To check the thesis, you can choose devices with the same price from each manufacturer and compare their parameters.
even taking into account the fact that the cost of Xiaomi flagships has grown in 2021, they still have cheaper Samsung. A similar situation is observed in all other price segments.
An important criterion for selecting a smartphone for some users is a design.
If we talk about the materials, there are parity here. In the budget segment, plastic is predominantly used, in more expensive smartphones, both plastic and glass is found. Sometimes brands experiment and apply ceramics or metal. There is no explicit leader here: both companies are not alien to both cheap materials and premium.
If you speak directly about the design, Samsung is quite conservative. It can be said that inside each line there is a well-established design, peculiar to all the devices in it. Of course, annual updates bring something new in terms of appearance, but in general, SAMSUNG does not appear for some bright devices. The only exception can be considered a series of Galaxy Z, but in this case the form factor solves more.
Xiaomi in terms of design looks more interesting. Experiments are more often held here. In recent years, the Chinese brand fans have seen smartphones with a transparent rear panel, drawn cameras, thinner enclosures and other interesting solutions. Another manufacturer is not alien to the use of a multitude of coloring, which can also be considered a plus. I am glad and the fact that even inside the series , Xiaomi smartphones differ. An example of this may serve as a line of Poco M.
Screen is an important part of any Modern smartphone, and here samsung feels confidently.
It is possible to relate differently to AMOLED to matrices, but they are considered the best in the world's quality. They are still thinner, and therefore allow you to make more thin smartphone, and in energy consumption more efficiently. And these are not the only advantages of this technology.
As a manufacturer of amoled matrices, Samsung has the ability to install them even into devices from the average price segment. The devices of the company who did not receive such a matrix are equipped with pls panels.
Xiaomi also use amoled matrix, but less often, and they buy them from Samsung, that is, in the best devices of the Chinese brand there are screens from Koreans. However, it should be borne in mind that put the same matrix into smartphones from different brands - does not mean to get the same image quality, as much depends on the setting.
The image of the image perception is subjective, but still AMOLED displays in Samsung is more often praised by the picture than similar screens from Xiaomi. Not only reviewers or independent research companies, but also reviews of ordinary users.
Smartphones without amoled screens have matrices IPS (Xiaomi) or Pls (Samsung). And here, judging by the reviews, the first is better in color reproduction, the corners of the review and the quality of the image as a whole.
Conclusion: Models with amoled matrices are more interesting from Samsung. Other screens options are better at Xiaomi.
Performance and optimization
Hardware - an important criterion Select any mobile device.
Samsung in its premium smartphones uses Qualcomm chipsets or their own exynos. Moreover, the most often devices with the second option of users like less. In a cheaper segment there are not only these two manufacturers, but also processors from MediaTek. Especially often it happens in brand budget phones.
Xiaomi in top solutions use Qualcomm. In a more affordable segment you can see Qualcomm, and MediaTek.
From the point of view of memory, Samsung more often offers a fixed version. Xiaomi may have 2-3 modifications on RAM and ROM, which is more convenient, since the user can choose a combination suitable for itself and not overpay for not required. Korean brand This feature gives less frequently.
In other words, on the stuffing of the company is approximately equivalent, but do not forget about the price. It was mentioned above that with an equal value of the Xiaomi smartphones almost always offer more than samsung. However, there is a reverse side: optimization. Often, use experience shows that Samsung smartphone with more modest characteristics (for example, a little less than RAM or the processor is almost weaker) works as more powerful Xiaomi devices with a similar value.
Conclusion: If you look exclusively to the "price / parameter" ratio, then the Chinese brand offers more. If you are worried about the use of use, then the special difference between phones of two brands with the same value you will not notice.
is one of the directions that pay attention All manufacturers in the development of smartphones are cameras.
It is worth reminding you that Samsung is one of the manufacturers of photosensors, which, including those used in Xiaomi. However, this depends on the camera settings directly by the smartphone manufacturer.
If we talk about the highest price segment, the studies of Dxomark specialists (an independent chamber assessment agency) show that the topical Xiaomi smartphones are better photographed. In the Dxomark rating, they are at higher places and even relatively old models can overtake new Samsung devices.
But there is another look: in many units of smartphones or with direct comparison of cameras enthusiasts, the gadgets from Xiaomi maximum remove no worse than the Korean manufacturer, but certainly not better.
In the smartphones of the middle and budget segment, the capabilities of the chambers plus-minus are equivalent. Based on this, we can safely say that the phones from both brands take off well.
Conclusion: In our opinion, there is no obvious leader on the chambers among the brands under consideration. Photographing capabilities are equally good in devices of both companies.
Interface and shell
Evaluate the shell is quite difficult, Since this is a very subjective parameter.
If we talk about the convenience of use, then MIUI (Xiaomi), and One UI (Samsung) is quite comfortable and understandable to perception.
If we study reviews about smartphones of both companies, you can easily notice that MIUI is more often scolding for the abundance of advertising and not the most stable job, but find the shortcomings in the work of the SAMSUNG shell It is possible only in reviews to the phones from the budget segment itself. This suggests that the shell from Koreans behaves better.
Another important point in the operation of the OS is updates and their frequency. It is worth understanding that any manufacturer first of all produces new software versions for flagships, then all other models go. Xiaomi significantly increased the rate of release of new versions of the OS, starting from 2019. Samsung in this matter is more conservative - they are not recorded in the pioneer, but also in the tail they do not rub.
Conclusion: From the point of view of the visual component and ease of use, we will not evaluate the shells, since these are very subjective moments. In the speed of updating Xiaomi, they work more quickly, but in stability, Samsung's devices have proven much better than themselves. Another major minus of the Chinese manufacturer is a sewn advertising.
To judge the autonomy of smartphones by battery capacity Not quite correctly, since other parameters are influenced by this indicator, including processor, optimization, type, size and screen resolution. However, Samsung has smartphones with very capacious batteries at 6000 and 7,000 mAh, as part of the Galaxy M series than Xiaomi can not boast.
On the other hand, Xiaomi can more often meet smartphones with batteries 5000 mAh, while Samsung has fewer smaller in many devices.
If you still talk about autonomous work, on average, both companies demonstrate the same indicators (the exception can be separate models).
As for such a function, as , fast charging, then Xiaomi is definitely leading here. The brand has not only smartphones charged power supplies in 120 W, but also in general fast charge is much more common than in the gadgets of the Korean company.
pronounced chips inherent exclusively to the devices of the brands considered by us, no. At the same time, it is worth noting that in Xiaomi smartphones it is more common to be seen stereo speakers, but on the SAMSUNG side, the introduction of moisture protection according to the IP67 standard into the Galaxy A line in 2021. If the brand does not give up from this to future phones and adds the option to other devices, it will be a weighty argument in their favor, since there are moisture protection in modern realities of protected smartphones or flagships.
An unambiguous answer to the question of which of the two brands is better, we cannot give, since both companies make excellent devices and occupy a leading position on sales, which indicates a lot.
However, from the above information, it can be concluded that Xiaomi is wider than the choice, lower prices, more smartphones with bright appearance and design features.
From the point of view of cameras and filling, brands offer equal opportunities, but with equal characteristics, smartphones from China are cheaper. Also on the Xiaomi side, fast charging, but Samsung, in turn, more stable by the shell and can offer moisture protection in a number of devices from the mid-price segment. Another advantage of Koreans can be called more phones with high-quality amoled matrices, while Xiaomi is mostly used by IPS panels.
What to choose - depends on you. We believe that both companies make decent devices to pay attention to when buying. Tell us about our own experience of using the smartphones of the brands under consideration and share the opinion, which of them are better.