Considering how the mobile market is developing rapidly and how many smartphones come to store the stores every year, the inexperienced user becomes more difficult to choose a high-quality smartphone. It would seem that in this may be difficult? Lay out the round sum for a new iPhone, Samsung or for the device of another well-known manufacturer.
But when the budget is limited or simply, I want to squeeze the maximum from my purchase and do not waste extra money, the task is really complicated. Recently, we already faced the face to face two large brands: Xiaomi and Huawei. About who won in the confrontation can be found here.
Today, we compare smartphones Redmi and Samsung in several criteria. The winner will be the brand, which in the aggregate will give a greater number of points.
The first thing we will talk about - about what rules have companies. This will help to form the first impression and understand what is the mobile segment of each manufacturer. In this context, it makes sense to take a look only on Samsung, since REDMI is one of the Xiaomi line.
And how many diverse episions are in its arsenal South Korean brand:
- Galaxy S is the main flagship line. The company does a greater emphasis on this series. These are premium smartphones, which from year to year are "tightened" in all parameters (chambers, performance, etc.).
- Galaxy Note - Devices with an enlarged screen diagonal. Positioned mainly for work, entertainment and creativity. Support corporate stylus, which in skillful hands expands the capabilities of the basic smartphone.
- Galaxy Z - non-standard smartphones, also obtaining a top stuffing. At the moment it is devices in some futuristic format. For example, Z FOLD3 / Z FLIP3 with unique folding mechanisms and appearance.
- Galaxy A - Smartphones of the middle and budget price segment. It is often considerably cheaper, unlike models from other company lines, but also get a weaker filling (worse than the camera, processor, etc.). The emphasis is placed on elegant design and balanced characteristics at an affordable price.
- Galaxy M - another line, the smartphones of which are in many ways similar to the representatives of the A-series, but with the difference that they are more saved here on design and materials and at the same Time often put a more capacious battery.
If the article questioned the comparison of Samsung brands with Xiaomi, then the latter would not have a chance to exit the winner on the first criterion. And even in spite of this, in 2021, that the Chinese company came out on the 2nd place in terms of the volume of equipment supplies and showed an increase of 83% compared with previous results (for reference, Samsung growth - 15%) according to CANALYS.
The question of value for many is as much as possible. And some will say that the most common brands always "wind up" price tags for their products and are forced to overpay. Is it so?
Turn to Online store"Yandex Market" and we calculate the average cost Samsung smartphones From each line that are on sale (as possible, take the minimum complete set):
- for Galaxy S: 62 000 rubles
- series Galaxy Note: 70 700 rubles
- flagships Galaxy Z: 112 500 rubles
- Middle-budget segment Galaxy A: 16 700 rubles
- for galaxy m: 23 900 rubles
and here so much an average of Redmi smartphone:
By itself, this number can not be told about, but in comparison with the SAMSUNG value, certain conclusions can be made. Now opposing Redmi devices one or more lines from the model range of the South Korean brand. To do this, the A-Series and smartphones Galaxy M.
and here, as can be seen, Samsung was pleasantly surprised in terms of pricing policy. If earlier the devices of this manufacturer were considered among the most expensive, now the middle class is quite capable of competing even with smartphones from Xiaomi. In fact, the average cost of the M-series could be even lower if not for a couple of recently announced new products, the price of which exceeds 30 thousand
According to this criterion, both brands deserve one point each:
Next, we will compare Redmi smartphones and mid-budget Samsung lines (A-series and M-series). We will put the flagships out of the bracket so that the results are objective.
When choosing a new smartphone, everyone first of all pays attention to its appearance. Perhaps only technologists (people who are obsessed with technology and are fluent in all its aspects) can completely ignore the design factor and choose a device solely on its technical equipment.
technology from Samsung's flagship devices. The materials used are mainly ordinary plastic, in some more expensive models the choice is made in favor of "glastic" (a mixture of plastic and carbon fiber on an aluminum frame, very reminiscent of glass in tactile sensations).
The fingerprint scanner in each representative of the A-series is now not carried out on the back cover and is hidden in the power button (more budget models), or directly in the display (starting with the Galaxy A32). You can definitely praise the company for this, since quite recently such an arrangement was relevant only for flagships and smartphones close to them.
The front camera, also depending on the model, is located in the waterdrop notch in the center of the display, or in a small circular hole. On the back cover is a corporate logo and a vertical block of cameras. Nothing superfluous - what is called a minimalist design. However, some state employees (Galaxy A02, for example) have an interesting corrugated cover with patterns. More expensive devices have a more restrained and strict appearance, which makes them even more expensive.
It is also worth noting that in the senior models of the Galaxy A 2021 lineage, the company has introduced moisture protection IP67, which to this day is found primarily in the devices of the flagship level or directly protected smartphones.
We must not forget about the M-series. Externally, smartphones of this line can hardly be immediately distinguished from the A-series devices, but there are still a few differences here:
- plastic is almost always used. Surprisingly, even in models worth 30 thousand rubles and more (Galaxy M62).
- Often, the dactyloscopic scanner is rendered on the back cover (Galaxy M31, M11).
- Less rich color gamut. Usually there are 2-3 types of colors: black, white, blue.
Now we will now analyze the appearance of the Redmi smartphones. Immediately run forward, here the design of models from Xiaomi will be a little more interesting, especially if we talk about top representatives of the line.
As in the case of Samsung, the external component strongly depends on the cost of a particular device. Inexpensive Representatives of the Redmi series are characterized by a cheap plastic case, a frontal chamber in a drop-shaped neckline and a fingerprint scanner, which is put on the back panel.
So that such smartphones (REDMI 9C, 9A, 9T) do not look too cheap and had at least some kind of highlight, some of them produced a corrugated coating and a variety of color gamut. Red, orange or bright blue color often looks more interesting, and it is trite this can be hooed up the views of users.
More expensive phones on example Redmi 10, Note 10 Pro, Note 10S and others, can boast a much higher-quality approach to appearance. The case here in some cases is made of glass (rear panel), or from glossy plastic, which is called "under the glass".
The Xiaomi's chip-shaped cut was abandoned completely, if we talk about any Redmi smartphone, costing above 15 thousand rubles. Under the front camera is allocated island of the minimum diameter directly in the display. Rear camera block looks quite spectacular even on the background of Samsung smartphones and creates the impression that high-quality optics are installed in the device.
The Redmi Colonge Color Combates Samsung. If the latter is most often used as a monophonic color, and they offer not the widest choice of colors, the Chinese manufacturer's devices often look more interesting thanks to the rear panel with the gradient effect.
approaching the "gland" and more important components of the smartphone, let's start From display. It is very important that the device is equipped with a high-quality screen, because it does not want to strain his eyes, looking through the content on the phone with low resolution of the matrix or terrible viewing angles.
Speaking about displays in smartphones, with the word samsung, many immediately pop up the Association " AMOLED. All because the South Korean company is one of the world's largest producers of active matrices on organic LEDs, separating the leading positions with LG.
The brand is simply profitable to use the amoled displays in their smartphones. Moreover, considering that this type of matrices is widely used not only in smartphones, but also any other technique. Such panels have a huge amount of the benefits of the picture, but are not the longest. In addition to the standard amoled matrix in some devices (Galaxy A32, A51, A72, etc.), options created by improved Super AMOLED technology are used.
However, some cheaper models receive pls matrices (a slightly finalized version of IPS panels, represented by Samsung in 2010). Among them, Galaxy A12, A03S, A02 and others can be highlighted.
- The best contrast and the depth of black. Each pixel in the amoled glows separately, or, if necessary, turns off at all, thereby displaying the natural "the most black" color.
- High response speed. This is manifested in dynamic scenes when a constant change is shown. The image on the amoled is smoother, in comparison with IPS, which is noticeable in games.
- Good energy savings. Due to the full power off for "unnecessary" pixels and the display of black color can be reduced power consumption.
- Very subtle design. This allows you to create flexible amoled displays, which you will not make from other matrices.
- PWM effect. One of the main deficiencies that manifests itself with a low brightness level. The reason for which the eyes can be tired from the smartphone.
- The burnout of the blue diodes and the color reproduction disorder is manifested by most amoled after a long time of use.
- Memory effect. Minus follows from the previous one: burnout causes the appearance of barely noticeable (sometimes quite bright) silhouettes of those elements on the screen, which previously displayed for a long time.
In turn, the vast majority of Xiaomi devices, including from REDMI series, equipped with IPS displays. However, sometimes the company announces smartphones and with amoled panels (Redmi Note 10S), but it happens quite rarely, if we speak exactly the mid-budget line.
- Best color rendering. IPS panels can boast of maximum color coverage, which allows you to most accurately transmit shades of any objects. Designers, photographers and other professionals choose it is IPS.
- reliability and durability. Unlike AMOLED, this technology does not have such problems as burnout or memory effect. Crystals are practically not wearing.
- non-changing power consumption. The charge of the smartphone battery is spent depending on the level of the backlight and does not depend on the operation of the crystals. Thus, in any scenarios, energy consumption with an equal illumination brightness will be almost identical.
- Black color is far from perfect. Due to the features of the technology and the design of such panels, in some scenarios it can be strongly noticeable that the black color greatly gives the shades of gray.
- Low contrast. Another minus is directly related to the previous one. Considering the fact that the black color is not as deep as, for example, amoled, the difference between the most light and dark pixels is small.
- Not the best response time.
Anyone to evaluate between themselves and unambiguously respond to the question of which the manufacturing technology of the matrix is better - it is impossible. Each type has its pros and cons, so in this case the choice is individual for everyone. The worst displays today are considered to be TFT, but none of the manufacturers do not "sin", so they get 1 point.
Hardware and performance
It is unlikely that anyone will use a smartphone that will take good pictures, have a rich appearance, but terribly lag and "slow down" during games or, for example, even when surfing the Internet. If with many Apple devices this issue is not in the forefront, then with Samsung and Xiaomi products this needs to be sorted out.
For a very long time, in terms of filling, the manufacturer relied on Exynos proprietary processes. Although this trend has been declining lately, it cannot be said that Samsung will soon completely forget about its processors. If we take the “M” line and the A-series comparable to Redmi devices, here is what is responsible for the performance in these smartphones:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 700-Series (sometimes 400-Series) - excellent processors, located between the mid-range and flagship levels. Mostly gaming versions (with the letter "G" in the name, for example, Snapdragon 778G), but there are also "regular" chipsets.
- MediaTek Helio G is a gaming line of single-chip systems from MTK. You can’t call them such in all cases (perhaps starting only with the Helio G95), but for budget devices it’s a great option. It is there that such processors are used.
- MediaTek Helio P is a rather old line of MTK processors. There are few really good and noteworthy chipsets here.
- Samsung Exynos are branded chipsets of the South Korean brand, as the name implies. Only the flagship representatives of Exynos are interesting, since in the budget segment it is easy for them to find a replacement from the Qualcomm or MTK camp.
As single-chip systems in Redmi devices Xiaomi mainly opts for chipsets from Qualcomm. Although, in some models you can also find MediaTek processors. Here is a complete list of what SoCs are equipped with Xiaomi smartphones at the moment:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 700-Series (sometimes 600-Series).
- MediaTek Helio G.
- MediaTek Dimensity is a relatively new series of chipsets from the company that has proven itself well. The "stones" of this line are quite capable of competing even with the flagship solutions from Qualcomm. Although rarely, but used in Redmi smartphones.
And now, when we received an approximate idea of what "iron" is equipped with Samsung and Redmi smartphones, it is worth understanding which processors are more powerful. If you collect all the chipsets into one list and sort them in terms of performance, this picture will be obtained:
- MediaTek dimensity.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 700-Series.
- MTK Helio G.
- MediaTek Helio P.
- Samsung Exynos.
It is important to emphasize that the rating above was formed not from all the series processors, but only those used in specific Smartphones Redmi and Samsung (otherwise the sorting would be different). Note that the Chinese manufacturer uses only the first 3 line of processors, which are most productious. Therefore, the score in the REDMI piggy bank.
Such an indicator as the quality of photos and videos, for many is key When choosing a new smartphone. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of the cameras of both brands.
In the middle and budget price segments, the South Korean manufacturer turns out to equip its devices with good cameras. In general, it is even in some sense of one of the chips of the A-series devices. However, the line "M" in this regard feels not very comfortable, as she has other features.
Good detail of pictures, good night shooting, a large number of modes - all this is relevant for almost any Samsung smartphone worth 14-15 thousand rubles and more. The only obvious weak point of these cameras can be called wide-angle shooting. With expansion of the standard viewing angle, the clarity of the picture is much lost, small distortions on the edges of the pictures appear.
However, in general, most of the A-series representatives can boast if not excellent cameras, then a good level of shooting, as for devices of its price category.
And what can I say about the REDMI line? Often, these smartphones can only boast of broad functionality. Their cameras often receive opportunities that do not have comparable devices from Samsung (slow motion 120/240 FPS, digital stabilization, etc.).
But if you are interested in the quality of the pictures as a whole, it is better to look at the Koreans. In the mid-budget price range, the Chinese are still lagging behind Samsung, although they ask the bar on the flagship level.
|Quality Photo / Videos||+||-|
System and shell
Today, each manufacturer tries to find its development path and somehow stand out against the background of its competitors. One way to achieve this is to equip your smartphones with a new shell, in which it will be possible to implement any unique functions.
What is the shell? In the Android world, this term is accustomed to call each operating system based on the "green robot". Since the Android source code is open, any developer can create its own OS with various changes.
From how well the Ourser is written, it depends on whether the smartphone will be lacted or amazing you with strange bugs. And so that simple mortals like us had at least some idea of which shell is better, there are many ratings and testing. During them, experts estimate Operations for different parameters and appreciate.
In 2021, such a test was already carried out:
Now let's look at the results and remember that Redmi smartphones work Under the miui shell, Samsung - under the One UI shell. The difference between the 1st and last place in the ranking is approximately 34 points. A similar value between Miui and One UI is almost 10 points. Consequently, the marriage is and it is quite tangible. However, abstracting from numbers, in practice, the difference is unlikely to be noticeable, but in the dry residue we have what we have.
|Speed of operation of the system||-||+|
Time of autonomous work - what including those famous Smartphones from Xiaomi. But recently, Samsung has done a good job to ensure that its devices do not lag behind the leaders in this criterion and also hold a charge well. And yet, it’s impossible to name a favorite right away, so let’s turn to the “2021 Smartphone Battery Life Rating” from nanoreview.
It is noteworthy that the 2nd place with a small margin was taken by the Galaxy M51, the 4th by the Galaxy A42, and then there is a big gap and the next Samsung smartphone is located only on the 23rd line (Galaxy M30s). Redmi has a similar situation, but still a little worse, and the first 3 devices occupy the following positions: 9th, 21st and 25th places.
And this is without taking into account the new Galaxy M52 and M62, which also boast a capacious battery and an energy-efficient processor, which has a positive effect on autonomy. And although Redmi smartphones hold a charge well on average, we must pay tribute to Samsung. Point in the piggy bank of Koreans.
|Who holds the charge longer?||+||-|
So, what can be said in the end after comparing brands? Judging by the number of points, Redmi smartphones emerged victorious from the “duel” with a minimal advantage. Such a small difference means at least that in some tasks the Chinese will really be the best, in others - devices from Samsung.
Choose what you need. And this article will help you do it right and not miss.