Cycling is at the top of the injury-prone hobbies. No matter where you ride - on city streets or in the countryside - safety must be paramount.
You are an experienced cyclist and have no doubts about your riding skills. But can you predict how other road users will behave? Of course not. Nobody knows what will happen in the next second. This is why cyclists are ditching the conventional safety helmet in favor of smart, high-tech gear.
Smart helmets are designed to minimize the possibility of an accident. Some products are made of highly durable materials, others have built-in lighting and a set of sensors. There are also helmets that can connect to a mobile application and transfer data on speed, heart rate and other parameters to it. In this they are close to other sports gadgets like fitness bracelets and headphones.
Check out the best smart bike helmets. If cycling is your hobby, you will definitely want to get one of these.
- sound conduction
- 2 Coros OMNI: maximum comfort and safety
- 3 Lumos: night riding helmet with LED turn signals
- 4 Livall MT1: all in one
- 5 Sena X1: helmet with HD speakers
- 6 LifeBEAM: helmet with heart rate monitor
- 7 Airwheel C5: protection + action camera
- 8 Livall Bling BH60: budget multifunctional helmet
- 9 Magicshine MJ-898: urban helmet
- 10 Conclusion
Coros LINX: Bone Conduction Bicycle Helmet
Protective Equipment of this level is useful for both professionals and beginners. Coros LINX belongs to the category of reinforced bicycle helmets. It is made of high quality polycarbonate with EPS foam filling. The combination of these materials provides excellent impact protection. The helmet has bone conduction technology: its owner can enjoy his favorite tracks and at the same time hear the surrounding sounds.
A small controller is included with the helmet. It is attached to the handlebars of a bicycle. It has buttons to control music, accept/reset voice calls. The helmet is equipped with an emergency alert technology: in case of hard drop, it will send an SMS to a trusted phone number.
Coros Linx is a stunning multifunctional biker equipment. It works as a music player, connects to the smartphone to answer calls and at the same time it does not bother to listen to what is happening on the road. There are also disadvantages from him, but without any doubt this is an extremely useful accessory with whom you can stay in touch.
- Provides reliable protection against head injuries.
- can play music and take voice calls.
- Comes with a remote control.
- has a mode of radio.
- Made in different sizes and colors.
- Suitable for distant cycling (autonomy 10 hours).
- The Coros fitness application works on Android and iOS.
- Uncomfortable to wear with glasses.
- An uncomfortable location of sound converters.
- sufficiently heavy (380 gr).
- The Coros application does not give a detailed activity analysis.
Coros Omni: Maximum comfort and safety
From the previous model, this is distinguished by the presence of LEDs and a removable visor. To play music, voice calls and navigation notifications, the helmet is connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth. It is made of the same materials as LINX, comes with with a remote control, has a sound conductivity technology and emergency alert function.
Coros Omni is an upgraded LINX model. Thanks to the built-in light, the Omni owner will always remain noticeable on the road: the helmet has a light sensor that automatically activates the flashing backlight at dusk. If the cyclist does not give signs of activity after impact, the flashing mode of LEDs will change to the SOS signal - three short, three long, three short.
- Made from high-quality impact-resistant materials.
- reproduces media using bone conductivity technology.
- There is an emergency alert function and LED backlight.
- The visor is removed.
- is easier than LINX (340 gr).
- Suitable for long-range walks (autonomy about 8 hours).
- In normal mode, it is impossible to change the flashing style of the backlight.
- Plastic coating, easily scratched.
- Uncomfortable fastenings, it is difficult to regulate.
- In comparison with other gadgets based on bone conductivity, the sound is very quiet.
Lumos: helmet for night rolling with LED turn signals
The name hints that the Lumos helmet is suitable for night trips, and this is true. The model has a sensor that determines the position of the steering wheel and the brakes and LEDs signals cars about your maneuvers. Thanks to 70 LEDs, you will be perfectly visible on the road in the dark. Turning can be turned on and manually by pressing the appropriate button on the control panel. The helmet is made in different colors, suit men and women under any style of equipment.
On the busy track and quiet streets, in the dark and bright time of the day Lumos will attract the attention of road participants. His design is not all, but the appearance is not important. This helmet displays security to a new level.
- Bright backlight.
- Complies with American and European safety standards.
- The battery is enough for 3 hours of continuous operation of LEDs and 6 hours as usual.
- Submits light signals about rotation and braking.
- It is inconvenient.
- It is difficult to adjust the belts.
- may not survive trips to rain.
- Heavyweight (370 gr).
LIVALL MT1: All in one
LIVALL MT1 - Veloshlem, in which there are almost all the characteristics described above the models: LED backlight notifying the maneuver, Wireless functions, Filing for communication with other cyclists, emergency notification, etc. There is only no bone conductivity of sound, but there are wireless speakers and a microphone with wind protection.
Some MT1 owners complain about weak backlight at twilight time and low autonomy. Claimed by the manufacturer of 12 hours without recharging, many have not seen.
- Equipped with backlight with turn signals and stop signals.
- There is a function of radio and emergency alert.
- Lightweight weight (310 gr).
- Complies with international security certificates.
- Cannot be used in the rain.
- Short time of actual autonomous work.
- In the morning and evening, the backlight is poorly distinguishable.
- After several weeks of use, many owners charging stops working.
SENA X1: helmet with HD speakers
The helmet has built-in wireless HD speakers for listening to audio, incoming calls and navigation notifications. It also has a razation with a range of 900 meters (the maximum number of simultaneous connections 3). He also sends data on the trip to the fitness application.
The helmet is easy to use, it is compatible with additional Bluetooth accessories. SENA Advanced Noise Control technology eliminates background noises during a conversation, including wind gusts, and provides comfortable communication on wireless communication.
- Compatibility with many Bluetooth accessories and fitness applications.
- The speakers transmit sound in high quality.
- For a long time of autonomous work (16 hours in conversation mode).
- Easily connect and configure.
- Not heavy (350 gr).
- Poor sits on a large head.
- Looks bulky.
- No backlight.
- No sunscreen visor.
- The sound is not very loud.
LifeBeam: helmet with pulsometer
This is a model for those who perceive cycling seriously. The Lifebeam has a built-in cardiac rhythm sensor, the helmet monitored the distance and number of calories spent, double-mode with connections via Bluetooth 4.0 and Ant +. Its design will save and from unfavorable weather, and from accidents on the road.
Intelligent helmet functions are designed to help you improve physical form. Exact optical sensors and durable materials make it an excellent choice for active workouts.
- Comfortable and lightweight (300 g).
- collects sports statistics.
- Supports a double connection.
- Equipped with advanced optical sensors.
- There is a built-in pulsometer.
- can be worn in the rain, and in heat.
- Customize the connection has every time before the trip.
- There are complaints of inaccurate monitoring (possibly related to the incorrectly selected size).
Airwheel C5: Protection + Action Camera
AIRWHEEL C5 - a unique protective element made of polystyrene with the possibility of video filming. Its design includes a front camera and Bluetooth speaker. The camera writes HD video in 2k. Conjugation of the helmet with a mobile application is carried out by pressing one button.
Shaped helmet resembles a building hard hat, it covers most of the head, very durable, has many ventilation holes. First of all, it is recommended to make fans to take action-video.
- Simple connection.
- There is a loud connection.
- Removes HD video in 2K.
- Made of durable materials.
- Size is suitable for both adults and adolescents.
- Heavy (440 gr).
- Video recording Only in MJPEG format.
- Not everyone likes the design.
- No panel, control elements are located on the helmet itself.
LIVALL BING BH60: Budget Multifunctional Helmet
Turning, stop signals, built-in speakers and microphone - he has everything so that you feel safe On the road, without losing ties with comrades. In case of an accident, an emergency notification and a distress light signal is provided. The helmet has a large number of male and female colors for excipants of different style.
This accessory is quite inexpensive and has a decent functionality. However, keep in mind: there are reviews about its unreliability. For some buyers, the helmet stopped turning on after a month of use.
- Supplied with wireless controller.
- Includes backlight, hands-free function, emergency alert and walkie-talkie.
- Solid construction.
- The backlight sends a distress call in the event of an emergency.
- Complaints about the fragility of electronics.
Magicshine MJ-898 City Helmet
With the Magicshine MJ-898, riding at night is not scary: the built-in positioning lamp will illuminate the road ahead with a brightness of 350 lumens. In addition to it, the helmet has LED turn indicators and a remote control. The rib design will protect in case of impact and will not interfere with ventilation.
The battery lasts for 4 hours of flashlight continuous use. The helmet has a slot for two batteries, but only one is needed to power it.
- A bright lantern.
- Has turn signals and brake light.
- Good autonomy.
- Comfortable and easy to position mounts.
- Available in one size only.
- Not suitable for large heads.
- Heavy (426 gr).
- Hard buttons on the remote.
No matter how experienced you are behind, safety cannot be neglected. The smart bike helmet is next-generation protection. It offers the benefits of numerous features and is a stylish accessory that will make you look cool.