If you are tired of bulky stationary PCs, then be sure to check out the rating of the best all-in-ones. We tried to include models of different price segments in it.
We tested over a dozen different all-in-ones, both Windows and iMac. As a result, the Asus Zen AiO Pro Z240IE proved to be the undisputed leader, perfectly combining a magnificent 4K display, a good discrete graphics card and an elegant design. If you're looking for something a little less expensive, check out the Acer Aspire Z24, which boasts good hardware and an affordable price of under $1,000.
The All-in-One is an excellent compromise for those who are equally interested in the high performance of desktop PCs and the compactness of laptops. They combine all the components necessary for operation into a single mechanism. As a result, such a system has compact dimensions, high performance and a large screen. For the monoblock to work, it is enough to install it on the table and connect it to the power supply.
Asus Zen AiO Pro Z240IE
- Display : 23.8 inch 3840 x 2160
- Additional functions : USB Type-C
- Processor : Intel Core i7-7700T
- Video card : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
Asus Zen AiO Pro Z240IE is a stylish yet high-performance all-in-one with a stunning 4K display. The device is equipped with an Intel Core i7-7700T processor, an Nvidia GeForce 1050 graphics card and a 4K touch display. In addition, the device supports a number of additional functions. Asus Zen AiO Pro Z240IE is suitable for both work and running not very demanding games. It doesn't have the brightest display, but overall it's a great all-rounder.
- Excellent 4K display.
- High performance.
- USB Type-C available.
- Not the brightest display.
- Not suitable for running demanding games.
- Buzzing speakers.
Acer Aspire Z24
- Display : 23.8-inch with a resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Additional Functions : Amazon Alexa
- Processor : Intel Core i7-8700T
- Video Card : Intel UHD Graphics 630
Acer Aspire Z24 amazingly combines high power and unexpectedly rich functionality. What is most importantly, the value of the monoblock does not exceed $ 1000. This is an elegant universal computer that has compact dimensions and high-performance "stuffing". The monoblock is equipped with a six-core Intel Core i7 processor, has 16 GB Intel Optane RAM and an impressive amount of built-in memory.
Among other features - support of the voice assistant Amazon Alexa and several built-in microphones that allow you to manage the device even from afar. In addition, they can also be used to communicate on Skype.
- Powerful six-core processor.
- Built-in microphones and voice control support.
- Excellent touch screen with gelathing protection.
- Comes complete with mouse and keyboard.
- Plastic case.
- Display features are limited to 1080p.
- No discrete video card.
- Slow hard disk.
Apple iMac 27 with the Retina 5K display
- Display : 27-inch with a resolution of 5120 x 2880
- Additional Functions : Siri
- Processor : Intel Core i7
- Video Card : AMD Radeon Pro 580
27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display Great for processing videos and photos. This is a universal monoblock, which boasts high performance, compact dimensions and amazing color reproduction. The 27-inch Retina 5K display with a resolution of 5120 to 2880 points provides the most realistic picture not only when working with images, but also while watching movies.
As for the "iron", Apple IMAC 27 is equipped with a powerful processorof the 7th generation Intel Core i7 and AMD Radeon Pro video card. The monoblock comes with Apple's branded accessories: Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard.
- High performance.
- Excellent for work with graphics.
- Magnificent Display.
- Corporate design IMAC.
- Not a touch screen.
- An uncomfortable location of ports.
- Magic Mouse's branded mouse cannot be used during charging.
- The height of the monitor is not regulated.
Microsoft Surface Studio 2
- Display: 28-inch with a resolution of 4500 x 3000
- Additional : Adjustable angle of inclination, comes with Stylus
- Processor : Intel Core i7-7820HQ
- Video card : NVIDIA GTX 1070
Microsoft Surface Studio 2 is the best monoblock for everyone who works with graphics. Thanks to the 28-inch touch screen, which can be descended for more comfortable work with the pen, the device perfectly replaces graphic tablet. In addition, Microsoft Surface Studio 2 supports both Surface Pen and Surface Dial.
The updated Surface Studio 2 model is equipped with more powerful tools for working with graphics, solid-state storage storage files and boasts an improved PixelSense display with increased brightness and contrast. This is one of the best universal monoblocks, but first of all it is suitable for artists and representatives of other related professions.
- Elegant design and ability to use instead of a graphics tablet.
- Adjustable angle of inclination.
- Great Display.
- Excellent speakers.
- There is support for handwriting input.
- High cost.
- An uncomfortable location of ports and connectors.
- It works not on the very new "hardware".
Apple IMAC Pro
- Display : 27-inch 5120 x 2880
- Optional features : up to 128GB RAM
- Processor : Intel Xeon W (8, 10, 1 or 18 cores) depending on configuration)
- Video card : AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
If you are looking for a monoblock not for personal use, but for a recording or video studio, then you are unlikely to find something more powerful than the Apple iMac Pro. This is professional equipment, the power of which will be too much for the average consumer. The device is equipped with a 10-core Intel Xeon processor, a powerful graphics card, and 128 GB of RAM. If you are looking for a monoblock for personal use, then the Apple iMac Pro is definitely not your option.
- Premium device with related features.
- Large amount of RAM.
- Elegant design.
- Great screen.
- No upgrade options.
- No HDMI ports.
- Monitor height cannot be adjusted.
- The mouse cannot be used while charging.
Dell XPS 27 7760
- Display : 27-inch 3840 x 2160 resolution
- Additional functions : Built-in soundbar
- Processor : Intel Core i7-7700
- Video card : AMD Radeon RX 570
The Dell XPS 27 7760 is one of the best all-in-ones on the market. The device boasts a 27-inch 4K display, a high-performance Intel Core i7 processor, powerful AMD Radeon RX 570 graphics, and an integrated ten-speaker soundbar. If you are looking for an all-in-one with a stunning display and great sound that you can enjoy without connecting an external audio system, then be sure to check out the Dell XPS 27 7760.
- Excellent sound quality.
- Excellent 4K touch display.
- High performance.
- Good mouse and keyboard.
- Large and bulky design.
- Almost inaccessible ports and connectors.
- Wrong webcam location.
How was the selection
All monoblocks that were tested for the preparation of this article passed various benchmarks and also endured long hours of use by real people. As in our other reviews of technology, we used a colorimeter to measure brightness, color accuracy and other important display parameters.
We used software such as Geekbench 4 to evaluate the performance of the device. We also used a special spreadsheet test that lets you know how long it takes a computer to match thousands of names and addresses. To evaluate the speed of a hard drive, we measured the time required to copy the same number of files.
If the all-in-one has a discrete graphics card, it passes the same benchmarks used for gaming PCs. Including 3DMark Fire Strike, as well as built-in testing tools for games such as Rise of Tomb Raider, Hitman, Grand Theft Auto V. If a monoblock is declared to support virtual reality, then we also use the SteamVR performance test to evaluate it.
In addition, we spend a huge amount of time testing equipment in real conditions. To do this, we run movies, games, various applications for work and music for a speaker test. All this in order to understand whether this or that monoblock is worth the money spent.
Average cost of monoblocks
Today, monoblocks are represented on the market by a wide price range: from inexpensive to premium. A budget device will cost around $ 1000, but as a rule, such systems are limited to low-powered Celeron and Pentium processors, as well as Full HD displays.
If you're looking for something a little more serious, then for a monoblock with a 4K display, the latest Intel Core i7 processor and a powerful graphics card from Nvidia and AMD, you will have to pay from $2000.