We all take selfies with different frequency. But regardless of the frequency, everyone wants to have a good front camera, so that if necessary, it will not let you down.
The number of pixels isn't the only thing that matters for a good photo. Equally important are software algorithms or additional camera features. Together, this gives interesting and high-quality photographs. Almost any flagship successfully copes with this task, but often they are too expensive for the average user. Below we have selected for you smartphones with the best selfie cameras, not only among the flagship devices, but also with affordable prices.
Google Pixel 4 XL
- Processor: Snapdragon 855, 8 cores, frequency 2.84 GHz
- Screen: 6.3" 3040 x 1440 resolution
- Cameras (rear / front): 12.2 + 16 MP / 8 MP
- Memory (RAM / built-in): 6 GB, 64/128 GB
- Battery: 3700 mAh
ovy camera, but high marks also apply to the front camera. It has an 8 megapixel lens with an additional TOF camera. Updated algorithms for day and night shooting bring the Pixel 4 XL front camera to a very high level of quality. And portrait mode appealed even to those who had previously rarely taken pictures of their faces.
The rest of the device is also not bad - a high-quality OLED screen with a high resolution and a frequency of 90 Hz, high performance, fresh Android 10 OS, moisture protection IP68, NFC. Not without a very fat minus - the device, taking into account the functionality, is too expensive.
- Flagship performance.
- Pure Android 10.
- Excellent camera features.
- Fast and accurate face scanning.
- The price tag is very high - even for less money there are strong competitors.
- You can install only one physical SIM card, the second - e-sim, at the moment this is not particularly relevant for Russia.
- No output 3.5.
- Cannot install microSD.
Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Processor: Exynos 990, 8 cores, frequency 2.73 GHz
- Display: 6.7 inch, resolution 3200 x 1440
- Cameras (Rear / Front): 64 + 12 + 12 MP / 10 MP
- Memory (RAM / Built-in): 8/12 GB, 128/512 GB
- Battery capacity: 4500 mAh
Samsung front-facing cameras have always been a strong point and the 10-megapixel sensor in the S20+ is another step forward. The model is just as good on the front camera as the Pixel 4 XL, but is second only to the fact that it does not have the same cool modes for portrait and night shooting. In general, the new Galaxy S20 series received an emphasis on cameras, both main and front, so the brand gave 100% in this matter.
Other parameters are not worse - top performance, currently the fastest RAM LPDDR5, support memory cards up to 1 TB. There is a large battery that lasts two days under load, fast and wireless charging, improved in-screen fingerprint scanner, support for NFC and 5G and AMOLED display with 120Hz, HDR10+ and 240Hz sensor. The manufacturer did not forget about the presence of moisture protection IP68.
- Excellent screen.
- Top performance.
- 5G support.
- Great cameras with tons of new features and 8K video.
- High autonomy.
- There is no headphone output, but headphones with Type-C are included.
- Processor: 8-nuclear KIRIN 980, clock frequency 2.6 GHz
- Screen: 6.26 inches, resolution 2340 x 1080
- chambers (basic / frontal): 48 + 16 + 2 + 2 MPIX / 32 MPIX
- Memory (Operational / Built): 6/128 GB
- Battery: 3750 mAh
For those who are puzzled by the purchase of a medium-season smartphone with a good frontal and main chamber Honor 20 is suitable as it is impossible. A module for selfie 32 MP makes high-quality photos with excellent detail and contrast, successfully blurs the background, and in general, the work of AI is noticeable here in a good sense. The main camera with four lenses is also behavior.
otherwise this is a pretty phone with high-quality display, high performance, good autonomy and fast charge, NFC. The scanner of the finger here is set at the side, and the front-line is embedded in the screen.
- Performance is enough for games.
- Stylish appearance.
- Lies well in hand.
- He holds the battery charge for a long time.
- High-quality photo and video shooting.
- You can't put a microSD card.
- The output for headphones is not provided.
- Processor: Snapdragon 660, 8 cores, frequency 2.2 GHz
- Screen: 6.3 inches, resolution 2340 x 1080
- Cameras (Main / Frontal): 48 + 5 + 8 MPIX / 20 MPIX
- Memory (Operative / Built-in): 4/6 GB, 64/128 GB
- Battery: 3500 mAh
For those who are not ready to give tens of thousands for a novelty from Samsung or Google, but wants to buy a smartphone with excellent selfie camera with a good option will be Nokia 7.2. It was released within Android One, which guarantees updates in the coming years. The 20-megapixel fronter makes really cool snapshots and, perhaps, in this case, it is even better basic. The phone has a new "Bothie" mode - with it you can make a photo simultaneously on the main and frontal chamber.
Nokia 7.2 is not the most interesting apparatus from a point of view performance for their money. The chipset in it is quite old, you can play, but not at high settings. It pleases in the device screen, design and manufacturing materials, the presence of NFC and the ability to install into a separate slot microSD.
- Pleasant appearance and good ergonomics.
- Front camera is one of the strongest sides of the phone.
- Clean Android 9.0.
- Good sound quality.
- Interesting modes at the camera;
- It is possible to expand memory using MicroSD without prejudice to Sims.
- Modest autonomy.
- is not the best for your money the main chamber.
- Old chipset.
Vivo V17 NEO
- Processor: 8-nuclear Helio P65, 8 cores, frequency 2.0 GHz
- Screen: 6.38 inches, resolution 2340 x 1080
- Camera (Basic / Frontal): 16 + 8 + 2 MPIX / 32 MPIX
- Memory (Operative / Built): 6/128 GB
- Battery: 4500 mAh
Vivo V17 NEO is not only a phone with high-quality self-shooting, but also a large number of modes for their processing. Thanks to the device, the device is qualitative and correctly processes photos - all improvements look natural. In addition to the AI Face Beauty mode, there are filters, Stickers and other options in order to make the process more fun. For night shooting, a display is used as a flash and this is also a plus. The main chamber makes standard frames that do not differ in quality from other devices in the same price segment.
In addition to cameras, the model is capable of offering a capacious battery with fast charge, NFC, good performance, a subecrate dactyloskop, AMOLED screen and separate SIM and memory slot.
- Many opportunities at the frontal.
- Not bad speed.
- Separate slot.
- Quality display.
- Old microusb connector.
- Photo quality with the main camera is average.
Xiaomi Mi A3
- CPU: Snapdragon 665, 8 cores, 2.0 GHz frequency
- Screen: 6.1 inch, 1560 x 720 resolution
- Cameras (rear / front): 48 + 8 + 2 MP / 32 MP
- Memory (RAM / built-in): 4 GB, 64/128 GB
- Battery: 4030 mAh
The Mi A series from Xiaomi is not only Android One, but also high-quality photography. Mi A3, taking into account a very affordable price tag, offers an excellent 32 megapixel front camera and an equally interesting triple module at the back.
Unlike Mi A2, the new device received support for memory cards and a headphone jack. It is also quite small in size, looks nice, has good performance parameters. It has fast charging and a capacious battery, taking into account the diagonal and type of screen (AMOLED). But the phone also has disadvantages - a modest resolution, however, this drawback does not negatively affect the picture. But the lack of NFC in this price segment is a very unpleasant phenomenon.
- Cool cameras.
- Pure Android 9.0.
- Good performance.
- Relatively small size.
- AMOLED screen.
- Under-screen fingerprint scanner with fast and accurate operation.
- I would like a higher resolution screen.
- No NFC.
Honor 10 Lite
- Processor: Kirin 710, 8 cores, frequency 2.2 GHz
- Screen: 6.21 inches, resolution 2340 x 1080
- Cameras (Rear / Front): 13 + 2 MP / 24 MP
- Memory (RAM / Built-in): 3 GB / 64 GB
- Battery: 3400 mAh
At the announcement, the device was positioned as a selfie smartphone equipped with a powerful front camera with all the relevant functions. In the Russian market, the model managed to get a lot of positive feedback not only for high-quality shooting with AI, but also for a pleasant design in all respects in different colors and good performance for reasonable money.
Everything is quite balanced and does not raise any questions. Users will appreciate the high level of performance and capabilities of the current operating system.
- Acceptable price.
- High-quality IPS screen.
- Good performance for any task.
- Face ID function.
- Android 9.0 OS.
- No NFC function.
- Processor: Snapdragon 710, 8 cores, 2.2 GHz frequency
- Screen: 6. 15 inches, resolution 2200 x 1080
- Cameras (rear / front): 12 + 5 Mpx / 20 Mpx
- Memory (RAM / built-in): 4 GB / 64 GB
- Battery: 3210 mAh
Considering this model as a selfie smartphone, I would like to note its low price with fairly advanced features. The first thing that catches your eye is a powerful pre-flagship chip that can handle any load, including all modern Android games.
And of course the cameras look good: the main one with a sensor Sony IMX362 and the frontal Sony IMX376. Basic intelligence and all necessary interfaces are supported.
- Low price.
- High quality IPS display.
- Game performance.
- Powerful Sony cameras.
- Face unlock is supported.
- Fast battery charging.
- Metal case.
- Weak battery.
- Android 8.1 out of date.
- No NFC function.