The new tablet phone Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) was announced at the exhibition IFA 2012 in Berlin at the end of August 2012. This gadget is the successor of the Galaxy Note line, but now it has an even larger screen and improved hardware. In this review, we will talk about the main characteristics and capabilities of the new Samsung device.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is a fairly large device that blurs the distinction between a smartphone and a tablet. The design of the gadget is classic for hi-end equipment: almost the entire front surface is occupied by a 5.55-inch display, above which there are sensors, a speaker and a front camera, and below it is a control key. On the back of the device, we will see the following elements: a camera with LED flash, slots for the speaker and the company logo.
The assembly of the device is done just fine: there are no squeaks during operation and no backlash. In general, it is worth noting the ergonomics of the case, which is made of materials that are pleasant to the touch, and the smartphone itself is comfortable to hold and work with, although the dimensions are quite large - 151.1x80.5x9.4 mm, and weight - 180 g.
The S-Pen is of course included with the device.
Performance and software
The new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a powerful 4- Exynos 4 Quad core processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz and 2 GB RAM, which allows you to work without problems with any existing applications, as well as having at your disposal a GPU Mali -400MP, excellent graphics processing.
Below are some of the performance tests of the Galaxy Note 2:
The photo above shows the Quadrant test, where the tablet scored 6043 points and outperformed the flagship device Galaxy S3.
In the following benchmark Antutu Gadget again bypass the flagship model of Samsung, while typing 13500 points:
and in the third test Nenamark 2, thanks to The presence of MALI-400MP graphic chip, Galaxy Note 2 also shows excellent results - 55.8 FPS:
A device running the newest, currently, the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, which also contributes to good performance.
Of course, it is worth a particularly talk about working with S-Pen:
- Now with stylus you can make a virtual cursor on the tablet screen that will appear when touching the screen and works as a laser pointer;
- If you bring the stylus to the photo or video file without touching the screen, you can open a window with information about this file or run it playback;
- the ability to do on the reverse side of the photographs of the inscription using S-Pen;
- Popup Note feature, allowing one touch of a stylus on the video icon to view previews or take into a separate window;
- New features using Quick Command gesture panel to quickly activate the most necessary applications for S-PEN;
- The Easy Clip function allows you to quickly highlight and cut the desired screen area, save the resulting image and use it in the future at its discretion;
- The Idea Visualizer feature will help add images to notes in the S-Note application;
- other services for S-Pen are also available: S-Planner, E-mail with the ability to integrate Hand writing, S-Pen Keeper, Paper Artist, Shape Match and Formula Match.
A new feature of Screen Recorder also appeared to capture video from the screen and write it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 became the 5.55-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1280x720 pixels and Color reproduction of 16 million shades. The image on the screen looks just fine: saturated colors (including deep black color), good clarity and naturalness. Gadget has good viewing angles.
The tabletphone is equipped with an 8-megapixel camera that allows you to produce photos with a maximum resolution of 3264x2448 pixels, with LED flash and autofocus functions, Best Photo, Best Faces and Low Light Shot.
Photographs made using a gadget are obtained very high quality: good sharpness, natural and bright colors.
The camera allows you to record video in Full HD format with a frequency of 30 frames per second.
Also in Galaxy Note 2 there is a frontal 1.9 megapixel camera for video link.
The device is equipped with a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 3100 mAh. The battery charge is enough for a day of autonomous work with an average device use (by pair of hours of play, watching video, surfing on the Internet, listening to music, and some conversations).
The recommended value of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in Russia will be 29,990 rubles for a version with 16 GB of permanent memory.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 Video review: