We collected a list of the most simple ways to squeeze the video on your iPhone.
Smartphones iPhone are known in that allowing their users to record video in stunning quality. However, the reverse side is that video files ultimately occupy a lot of space on the device. Since most services social networks limit the size of the downloaded file, you are probably wondering how to reduce the size of the video on the iPhone.
One way to cope with it is to learn how to compress files. When you apply compression, the video quality is mainly the same, but the roller itself turns out to be much smaller in volume than the original.
If you are interested, here are the best and simple ways to squeeze the video on the smartphone from Apple.
The easiest way to reduce the size of the video on the iPhone - Use a special compression tool. Video Compress is a free application available in the App Store, which allows you to compress the video without loss of quality.
The application interface is quite understandable, and you do not need to customize any complex compression parameters: just download your video, and Video Compress will reduce the size automatically.
Here is a detailed list of actions that need to be taken:
- Download and install video compress on your iPhone if you have not yet done.
- Open the application and tap the gear icon in the upper right corner. Then select the output file format. Your compressed video will be saved in the selected format.
- Return to the main menu, tap a single icon on the screen and select the video you want to compress, from your gallery.
- You will see a slider that allows you to adjust the compression level for video. Drag this slider to see the final file size. If you are satisfied with the size, tap the icon in the upper right corner.
- Wait until the application compresses the roller, and then click "Save".
Compress Videos & Resize Video
Another opportunity to reduce the volume of videos on the iPhone without loss of quality - the Compress Videos & Resize Video application (available both free and paid extended version). The tool significantly reduces the size of your video on the iPhone, allowing you to load your roller anywhere, where there are limitations.
Here's how to use the application correctly:
- Run the application and click "Add" (+) to upload video to compress.
- Allow the application access to photos and videos on your device.
- Select a roller to compress.
- On the screen that appears, specify the frame rate and the resolution of the selected video file. The smaller the number you choose in this point, the less will be the size of the updated roller.
- Then click "compress" and wait until the app will do its job.
- After compression you will receive both old and new video. To delete the source, click on the Delete Original option. Otherwise, select "Save the original video" in order to save both file on the phone.
Not all video formats are optimized for compression. Any iPhone is more oriented on quality, and not on the size of the video files, because of which the device uses a format that provides better quality, but also takes more space.
Converting a standard format roller to another - another way to compress the video. It should not be strongly affected by the quality, and the size of the video file will be at times less.
Media Converter is one of these applications that can be used for both conversion and video compression. The tool has a conventional free and paid premium version. Here's how to use the program:
- Download and install Media Converter on your iPhone.
- Click "Add" (+) at the top and select "Photos Library".
- Allow the application to access the gallery, and then select the video you want to convert and compress.
- Select "Convert Video" in the menu on the screen.
- Touch the "Format" menu and select the desired format to which you want to convert video.
- Change any other parameters you want, and finally click "Start Conversion".
- The transformed file will appear in the main menu.
video compression online
If you need to compress only a few videos and you do not want to download anything, you should use an online tool. You do not need to install a separate application to take advantage of the functions, and web tools work as well as the usual.
Clideo is one of these online tools that helps compress the video from the iPhone directly in the browser. All you need to do is add your video, wait until the tool makes everything you need, and then download the resulting file in cloud storage. Currently it is not possible to save the video directly on the iPhone.
To successfully compress the video on the iPhone using Clideo, you need to take the following steps:
- Open Safari or any other browser and go to Clideo website.
- Click "Select File" and select "Photos Library".
- Select the desired video to compress. The video will be downloaded to the Clideo site.
- Wait until the tool fulfills everything you need.
- When everything is ready, select the cloud service to which you want to save the received video.
Change iPhone settings
In fact, any user can configure itself, in which iPhone resolution will write video. The lower the resolution, the less your video file will be.
If you are ready to compromise on the quality of the rollers, then here's a summary:
- Open "Settings", select the camera application.
- Navigate to the Video Recording section.
- Select a variant in which the size and quality of your video is balanced. The smaller the number, the smaller the file size.
As you can see, it is not entirely necessary to put up with the fact that videos take too much space on your iPhone. Above, we have shown that there are many different ways to compress and reduce the size of the rollers on the smartphone. Use these tools to circumvent restrictions in some social networks, as well as have more space on the device (especially if you need it).