Modern multifunctional smartphones completely replace the owner of a PC, allowing you to work remotely, enjoy interesting entertainment, watch movies and music, regardless of location. Some installed applications can make life easier for the user, while others can cause loss of personal information and finances.
To prevent your smartphone from causing problems, you should protect the device and the data contained in the storage.
Programs vs Programs
Licensed programs help fight malware and fraudulent software. The work of some is aimed at the timely detection of files, the protection of storage and the information contained on the smartphone from unauthorized downloading, and the encryption of the channel for transmitting information.
virtual networks. VPN will create an encrypted channel for the transmission of information, hide the real location of the user. There are many free programs available on the Internet - find a good VPN, install a smartphone app. Turn on the VPN if you connect to a network outside your home or visit an untrusted site. The program will also make online shopping safer.
Unlicensed content is a source of viruses and malware. Use trusted sources to download applications - AppStore or Google Play, which carefully check developers and programs for malware. If the owner wants to download content from another source, you should use only trusted sites, and check the box "Installing from an untrusted source" during installation.
Running in the background the antivirus will inform the user about the detection of a malicious file, spyware infection. Some versions of antiviruses offer wider functionality - from creating encrypted channels for data transmission to analyzing the device for keyloggers. Antiviruses help not only maintain personal information from theft, but also the device as a whole, since some viruses can disrupt the performance of electronics.
To secure your smartphone, you must pay attention to the vulnerabilities that Each device has. For example, some smartphones models may require monthly security for security patches. The user can ignore this need, check the device attempt to update security services, which will eventually result in infection with a virus or malware installation. Also, the owners of technology are often using third-party programs to protect devices, ignoring the existing tools. During the installation of programs from a unverified source, security files turn into a capacity of viruses and malware, which later slow down the processes complicate the operation of the phone.
- Use cloud storages for important information. To store important data, photos and video materials worth using cloud storage, reliably protected password or two-factor authentication. This will save personal information if the phone is hacked or lost. The owner can restore photos, important files or documents at any time.
- Encryption Memory Card. The design of some smartphones has a special slot to install a memory card, which, in contrast to the built-in storage, is not protected by cipher. The encrypted SD card will be a reliable user data storage, since in the process of seizure the drive, the fraudster will not be able to read the information. You can view a memory card only on the device on which encryption was performed.
- Additional Phone Protection by a Password or Biometric Data. In addition to the standard password, a simple combination of numbers should also take advantage of biometrics, such as recognizing the face or fingerprint. Such protection is extremely difficult to hack, fraudsters will not be able to get important information stored on the phone without the owner's knowledge.
- A program for remote lock, which will allow you to control the smartphone in case of theft or loss, block the device, timely detect the coordinates.
To protect your own phone, you should not leave it unattended for a long time, to give out a stranger. Often, normal attentiveness helps protect against fraud or hacking better than programs with encryption and other means.
, which the program processes and passes to the developer. Regardless of the source for downloading, you need to check the list of permissions that the program requests:
- Making calls, sending SMS. Spyware can imitate actions, send messages or make calls to premium numbers, emptying the customer's account.
- Read messages. The function is used by banking and conventional programs to deliver a confirmation code. Having gained access to the function, the fraudster can log in to the system, use the account of the client to perform unauthorized operations.
- Administrator. Some applications may require permission to access administrator features. By giving the go-ahead, the owner of the smartphone will completely lose control over the device, accounts and storage.
- Overlay on top of windows https://remontka.pro/overlay-detected-android/. A feature in Android allows you to distort any information displayed on the device screen. The owner will confirm transactions, send files, or receive malware without knowing it.
In addition, you need to regularly check the phone for settings failure, hidden permissions. In the corresponding section with the settings and permissions of programs, you can change access rights, prohibit applications from working without the knowledge of the device owner.