Step-by-step guide will tell how to transfer the contents of the Android smartphone to a freshly reduced iPhone.
The sale of devices iPhone regularly exceeds the waiting for analysts, millions of buyers acquire their first iPhone and refuse the previous model on Android. If you are going to do the same, you are not alone. This guide will make it easier to facilitate this transition.
- 1 Apple Move to iOS application
- 2 Preparation for the transition
- 3 How to transfer data
- 4 Transfer of files manually
- 5 Transfer of mail, contacts and calendars
- 6 Transferring photos and video
- 7 Transfer audio
- 8 Transfer of documents, books and PDF
- 9 Transferring user applications
- 10 Where to take applications?
- 11 Can I continue to use Google Services?
- 12 peripheral devices
- 13 acquaintance with iOS
- 14 HOME button
- 15 Settings iOS
- 16 Feel at home
- 17 Safety
Apple Move to iOS application
It is not necessary to throw their photos and messages when switching from Android to the iPhone. You can easily take them with you using Apple Move to iOS application. It can be downloaded for free in the Google Play Store.
This application takes the following data:
- Message history
- Photos and video from the camera
- Web bookmarks
All free applications that are installed on your Android device and analogs of which are installed on your Android device and analogs in the App Store on iOS will also be automatically downloaded. Paid applications will be added to the list of your wishes in this store if they are there.
To work with the Move to iOS application, the iPhone should work on the IOS 9 or newer operating system, the Android device must be on Android 4.0 or newer. To check, open the settings and open the section "About Phone". There will be a version number of Android.
As for the supported models, the data will be transferred to the following devices:
- iPhone 5 and newer
- iPad 4 and newer
- iPad mini 2 and newer
- iPod Touch 6
Before using the MOVE TO iOS application, you need to perform the following four steps:
- If you have already configured the iPhone, you need to erase it and configure it. Re-to work with the Move to iOS application or transfer data manually as described below. To erase the device, press Settings > General > Reset and select "Erase all the contents and settings". This will delete the data on the iPhone.
- Check the amount of available memory. What amount of data are you going to transfer to the iPhone? Make sure the places are enough.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi on Android is enabled and connect both devices to the outlet.
- Update Chrome Browser. If you want to transfer bookmarks from it with Android on the iPhone, it is better to use the latest browser version.
How to carry data
When the device on iOS is connected to the outlet, you need to configure it using this Manuals, until you get to the "Application and Data" screen. Here, select "Data Transfer with Android".
- Run the Move to iOS application on Android and click "Continue". It will be invited to agree with certain conditions.
- The "Find Your Code" screen will appear. Click "Next" and take the iPhone.
- On the iPhone, click "Continue" on the "Go from Android" screen. Wait for the appearance of a code out of 10 or 6 digits. This code must be entered on Android.
- The "Data Transfer" screen will appear. Here you can select data for transfer.
Leave both devices connected to the outlet until the download band is completed on the iOS. If Android is written that the process is completed, do not pay attention to it. Data transfer is complete only when it is written on the iPhone that all data is obtained and the download band is filled. When transferring a large amount of data, this process can take a long time.
When the download band on the iPhone is completed, you can click "Finish" on Android. After that, you can click on the iPhone and follow the instructions.
Warning: If you use another application or on Android you call you during the process, the data transfer will not be completed. It is important that the Move to iOS application is the main running application on your device. To ensure this, disconnect the honeycomb on Android and disable the applications and settings that can affect the Wi-Fi network.
Transfer of files manually
If you wish, the files can be transferred manually, although it will take more time. If you already use your iPhone and do not want to configure it again, the manual option is more appropriate. It may also be necessary if the MOVE TO iOS application cannot recognize and transfer some data.
Depending on the portable data, you may need:
- Old Android device
- New iPhone
- PC computer or Mac
- cable microUSB > USB for Android
- USB cable> Lightning for iPhone
- Android File Transfer application on Mac
- Login and passwords from applications and services, access to which you want Save
When you connect the Android device to a computer, you need to download the Android notification panel and make sure that it is used MEDIA TRANSFER MODE (MTP) connection. This option must be installed automatically. On the computer, the device must be in the "this computer".
Mailing, contacts and calendars
Do not transfer data from the services like Gmail, Exchange and Yahoo, because all the information is stored in the cloud And it will be available on iOS when entering into their account. To configure an account, open Settings > Mail > Accounting Records > Add Accounting Recording, select your postal service and follow the setup instructions. When the account is configured, you can select the data that will be synchronized with the iPhone. If your mail provider is not listed, follow These instructions to configure the account manually.
Transferring photos and video
Photos and video are usually the most valuable content of user smartphones. Unfortunately, their transfer manual is quite complicated and requires a computer with an iTunes application.
- Connect the Android device to the computer and open the folder DCIM > Camera to search for photos.
- If you use Mac, install the Android File Transfer application. After that, you can open the folder DCIM > Camera.
- Select photos and videos you want to transfer, and move them to the folder on your computer.
- After that, you can connect the iPhone, open iTunes and follow Instructions for data with the iOS device.
If you use music streaming services, such as Apple Music or Spotify, on a new device It is enough to open them in the pre-installed "Music" application or download individual applications from the store. After installation, you need to enter their account.
If you prefer to store music locally, you will need a computer and iTunes. On Mac again you need the Android File Transfer application.
- Connect the Android device to the computer.
- Find Music Files. Most Android devices store them in the Music folder. On Mac To open this folder, use Android File Transfer.
- Select files and drag them to the folder on your computer.
- Disconnect the Android device and connect the iPhone.
- Drag files from the folder on the computer to the iTunes music library.
- When music is added to the library, select a new iPhone by clicking on its icon in the upper left corner of the iTunes window. Click on the "Music" icon, which is located next to the iPhone icon, select Synchronize. You can synchronize some files or all, depending on your wishes and available memory.
Transferring documents, books and PDF
To transfer this content, the computer must also be an intermediary. When using Mac, you need the Android File Transfer application.
- Connect the Android device to a computer and find the Documents folder where all documents, books and PDF files are stored.
- Select the necessary files and drag them to the folder on the computer.
- You can save these files in cloud storage ICLOUD DRIVE. After that, you can access them from any Apple device or from a computer through a browser.
- If you want to make books and PDF available on the iPhone, drag them into the iBooks app on Mac or in iTunes Books.
- Open iTunes and synchronize EPUB and PDF books, as synchronized music on the iPhone. All objects will become available in the iPhone IBooks application.
If you use the services like Amazon Kindle or Google Books, you can usually carry anything from them. Open the App Store on the iPhone, download the appropriate application and log in to your account.
Transferring user applications
The Move to iOS application will automatically install free iPhone applications, which will find on Android, if there are in the App Store.
Paid applications will appear in the wish list. It can be found by running the App Store store and clicking on the three horizontal stripes icon in the upper right corner of the Featured screen. The user must choose, he wants to buy these applications or not.
If you transmit data manually, you need to visit the App Store store and manually search for applications you enjoyed on Android. In most cases, applications themselves are available or their analogues.
If you have to re-buy an application, sometimes it is worth contacting the developers. If you have proofs of purchase, some developers make it possible to install an application on iOS for free.
Where to take applications?
Programs can only be bought in the App Store store. Apple toughly controls the applications in its store, caring for safety and protecting against viruses, keyloggers and spies. On Android applications you can buy and download in many places where protection is not so serious.
Can I continue to use Google Services?
Most Google services on Android are available in the form of applications. All saved Google to iOS will be available in Google or online via the Safari browser on the iPhone.
Open the App Store on the iPhone and find the Google service you need. It can be Google maps, Google-translator, YouTube, Chrome, Google Drive, etc. A complete list of services that are available in iOS applications can be found here.
It is also worth testing Alternative Apple services, since you have chosen iPhone, as they are imperceptible to the operating system. For example, a digital assistant Siri, the voice command can be given at any time, whereas to work with Google Now will first need to start the application.
If you decide to go to the iPhone to stop using Google services, you do not need to install them. If you wish, you can change the default engine in the Safari browser with Google on DuckduckGo, Yahoo or Bing in section > Safari > of the search engine.
docking station, most smartphone covers and some other items are likely not to fit to a new device, but everything else should work with iPhone.
- Wireless Bluetooth headphones, speakers and other wireless accessories can be connected to iOS in section > Bluetooth.
- Peripheral devices using headphone connections can work perfectly on older versions of the iPhone, but modern models only work with the adapter between the Lightning interface and the connector 3.5 mm.
Acquaintance with iOS
it will take time to addictive to the new operating system, but it is quite simple. When you transferned data and installed the necessary applications and services, work with it is even easier. Samples and errors are the best learning method, but we will also give a few tips on using iOS.
You will not find the "Back" buttons or the task switch on a new iPhone, instead you will see a large home button below. This is the main navigation tool along with your finger. If you get lost in the screens, pressing the Home button will open the main menu. The gesture from the bottom up on the home screen and in many applications opens the "Management Center", where there are Android widgets for quick access to action. This feature made significant changes in version iOS 11.
On September 12, an announcement of the new generation of iPhone should take place. There is a chance that the Home button will be missing. If so, the interaction with the device will change.
When transferring content from Android to the iPhone for some time to be held in the settings. This is an important part iOS 11, here you can change the capabilities of applications, systems, user interface and services. There are three useful settings that you may want to change on a new device.
In order not to skip the appearance of notifications and calls, open > General > Special features and activate the "LED Flash for Alerts" switch.
If you do not want to hear clicks when you click on the keys, you can turn off the sound in the section Settings > Sounds > Clicks Keyboard.
To extend the duration of the iPhone, you can set the power saving mode in section settings > battery > Energy Saving Mode.
Make yourself at home
Change the appearance of this device to make it feel like it really belongs to you. For example, set wallpaper. To do this, open Settings > Wallpapers > Select wallpaper. Here you can choose from the default options: dynamic, still and live wallpaper, you can also select an image from the photo library. If you want to set your own picture, the size must be at least 1334 x 750 pixels because that's the screen resolution.
You can also select a ringtone. Open Settings > Sounds. Scroll down the page and find the "Ringtones" section. Here you can set vibration options and choose from a variety of ringtones. Click "Store" and access thousands of ringtones in iTunes. You can also create your own ringtones.
Security is important. If you've worked on Android, you've probably read a lot of nasty stories about hacks and data theft. Apple regularly releases security updates for current devices, about 85% of current iPhone owners are running the latest version of iOS. The lack of fragmentation is one of the great advantages of this platform.
You can check for an update in Settings > General > Software updates. We recommend that you always install updates to get the latest security improvements and fix vulnerabilities.
When setting up the unit for the first time, set a password with numbers and letters to make the system inaccessible to unauthorized people.