We describe in detail about the advantages and minuses of headphone players and present the five best models sold in Russia.
The inexplicable ability of the headphones and a lot of memes are dedicated to the user's pocket to the state of the tangle. When once again, you get such a ball out of my pocket, it is wildly annoying. Unwinding the wires in irritation, you can stick for one of them too much - and headphones will go to the garbage.
Fortunately, the manufacturers were able to offer an alternative to the wired "plugs" - the player headphones. What the headphones with the player and what are their advantages and disadvantages, tells the user Sony Walkman WH505 with 8 years.
What is the player headphones?
Headphones Player is a gadget predominantly closed type with a slot under the flash card. The possibility of replacing memory cards depends on the design features of the headphones. On some models, it cannot be replaced without full disassembly of the gadget. In this case, download new tracks and delete boring will only be possible through a USB cable.
Track management occurs through keys and sinks placed on the headphone bowls. For example, after a short pressing on the toggle switch, the following composition is started playing, and after the long one is the following album. You can also adjust the volume, activate the other preset of the equalizer or SHUFFLE mode - playback of tracks in a random sequence.
Despite the fact that on the Internet, part of the users claims that the headphones player sound bad, it is not. This "hearing" is a product of a "spoiled phone", and the most actively distribute it those who did not have the headphones with the built-in player. In any case, the player's headphones have a 3.5-mm connector, so you can connect them to the telephone via the AUX wire.
Advantages and disadvantages
Here are a number of reasons for which users of the soul do not have a headphones with a built-in player:
- For a long time. For some reason, people are striking when they say that the player's headphones need to be charged every 2 weeks. But it is actually so. If the "ears" charge before the trip, then the power cable can not take with you. On average, one charge is enough for 12 hours of playing music.
- No wires. Play headphones player during jogging - pure pleasure. Running with a hunched 6-inch smartphone that dangles in the pocket of Short - such a half pastime.
- There is a radio. If you are tired of your playlist, you can switch to a fashionable radio station and get acquainted with musical innovations. True, not all players are equipped with the FM radio function.
Headphones with the player have features that manufacturers would cost more scrupulously:
- Navigation on tracks. In the playlist on the smartphone to find a track that you want to listen is simpler. But with the player's headphones, it is different. With the help of the switch, you can go to the next / previous song or the next / previous album. If between just listened with the song and the song that you want to listen to the next, another tracks, you will have to click on the switch 40 times.
- Weight. The headphones player are heavier than ordinary, since they have a "filling" - microprocessor, flash drive, battery. On average weight is about 250-300 grams.
- Maintainability. Alas, many models - including prematurely adorable headphones Sony Walkman WH505 - Flashka is not covered. So, if the gadget suddenly refuses, you will have to seek the diagnosis of service. Although, perhaps, such a banal operation, as a replacement of a memory card, would allow the user to return the player to the state of working capacity without excess costs.
What are the wireless headphones player?
Depending on the design, the headphone player is divided into full-size or closed type (left) and sports (right).
in sports headphones The emphasis is on compactness. They weigh as a fluff, however, they sound quite mediocre. The person who is accustomed to the sound of full-sized headphones, sports "arrows" will listen through pain. Note that sports headphones do not differ autonomy - they work from the battery 7-8 hours.
Full-size headphones are usually simply a phenomenal frequency range. Sony Walkman models, for example, transmit frequencies from 5 Hz to 25,000 Hz - and this is despite the fact that a person hears the range of 16-20000 Hz. You can run in the headphones of a closed type, their weight does not cause much discomfort when they are on the head. But if you want to take a break and listen to the sounds of the street while jogging, then hang them on the neck - then the cups will be unpleasant to beat in the chest.
Closed-type headphones - a rather fragile thing. We recommend it in every way to protect the gadget from drops and shocks. Sports headphones, on the contrary, are durable.
Also, the player's headphones are classified by the presence of FM radio, Bluetooth support, water protection degree. However, these functions, perhaps, do not require explanations.
How to choose headphones with a player?
Make yourself choose headphones in appearance can a person who is not demanding to the quality of sound, listening, for example, music for concentration at work. But Melomanana needs to be understood in the technical characteristics and choose headphones based on them. Otherwise, expensive purchase can turn into disappointment.
To which must be viewed:
- sensitivity. Contrary to popular belief, it is sensitivity determines the volume of headphones, and not power. The norm is the "corridor" 90-120 dB.
- Impedance. Impedance (resistance) - parameter, inverse sensitivity. For headphones, the norm is 16-40 dB, the average value is 32 dB.
- Power. The value of the power is now not the most important, because in modern headphones there are amplifiers. Thanks to amplifiers, even with minimal power, you can get a decent sound. Here we recommend focusing on a wide "corridor" of values - 50-100 MW.
- Frequency range. The frequency range of 20-20000 Hz is enough. Frequencies below a person hears only under ideal conditions and up to a certain age.
- Memory volume. You can not pay attention to this parameter if there is an opportunity to replace flash drives in the player's headphs. If not, it is better to take from 16 GB. However, the author of Melomanana could not fill this volume even half.
- Autonomy. The time of work at the models is very different: some work without recharging 40 hours, others - only 7. It is difficult to advise something here, because it is important to represent how often Meloman is listening to music. Autonomy of 20 hours - more than a decent indicator. You can listen to the headphones on the hour per day for 3 weeks. By the way, in the off state, they almost do not lose charge.
- Weight. Closed-type headphones must weigh up to 300 grams so that you can use them without discomfort. Sports headphones weigh, as a rule, about 30 grams.
Design is also important. The author of this article with the Walkman WH505 model has happened at first glance - do not fall in love with the headphones posted on a special Sony's special backlit rack, it was impossible. For the magnificent design of the Japanese player would have to forgive the shortcomings in the sound - if they were, of course, existed.
Top 5 headphones with a built-in player
SONY WALKMAN WH505 Now, unfortunately, you can buy unless to "Avito". However, in the retail market in 2020, there are many decent headphone players - both athletic and closed types. Five of the best we will now imagine.
- built-in Memory: 4 GB
- Opening hours: 12 hours
- Weight: 32 grams
- Frequency range: 20-20000 Hz
Sony NW-WS413 is the perfect gadget for lovers of an active lifestyle. Headphones comply with the IP68 standard - that is, reliably protected from dust and moisture. WS413 will withstand the immersion even in salted water to a depth of 2 meters for half an hour - at the same time they will maintain full functionality.
The curious function of the player is the so-called "sound around". Headphones record the sounds surrounding the listener, and harmoniously "crowded" them into the sound track. Thanks to this, the user will not lose orientation in space, even if you listen to your favorite tracks on the maximum volume.
BLUEDIO T2 + Turbine
- built-in memory: up to 32 GB
- Opening hours: 40 hours
- Weight: 224 grams
- Frequency range: 20-20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 110 dB
- Impedance: 16 ohm
Russian experts in audio engineering characterize Bledio T2 + Turbine not differently as Chinese phenomenon. In these headphones, the battery is hidden, which provides crazy autonomy - up to 40 (!) Hours without recharging. It would seem that at the same time the player should be weighing with a small girc, but not - only 224 grams.
Mul albam paranoids "Ears" from Bluedio is better not to take - such a long time will look for trick, but in the end they will just spend the time wasted. Because the cost of T2 + relative to the quality of sound and functionality is adjusted by 2.5-3 times. The development of headphones completely sponsored the Chinese search "giant" Baidu, so Bluedio can afford to sell a gadget at a rush price.
- built-in memory: up to 32 GB
- Opening hours: 12 hours
- Weight: 130 grams
- Frequency range: 20-20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 108 dB
- Impedance: 32 Ohm
NIA-Q8 - super-budget model of the headphone player. The main advantage of the device is its compactness - the "ears" weigh only 130 grams. According to the characteristics of NIA-Q8, "holds the brand", but it sounds worse than the conditional Bledio - low frequencies are not so well worked.
The model is equipped with a microphone, so that it can be used as a headset - to accept a call, just press the key on the left cup. Memory cards are supported by up to 32 GB in SD form factor.
- Built-in memory: up to 32 GB
- Opening hours: 7 hours
- Weight: 258 grams
- Frequency Range: 40-16000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 58 dB
If you look at the SODO MH5 characteristics, the cost may seem overestimated. Frequency range of the player of narrow: Important bass frequencies that are responsible for the "waters" of the sound (20-40 Hz) are cropped.
But in fact, the main value of SODO MH5 lies in their multifunctionality. Listening to music from flash drive - only one of the scenarios. When the tracks from the card are tired, you can connect with a smartphone through bluetooth or NFC and listen to the compositions from the vk playlist. Also, Sodo MH5 can be used as Bluetooth headset, radio and even portable column - bowls are rotated 180 ° to the "outward" position.
- Built-in memory: 4 GB
- Operating time: 8 hours
- Weight: 30 grams
- Frequency response: 20-20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 98 dB
- Impedance: 8.5 ohm
AfterShokz came up with perhaps the most surreal invention in the industry - sports headphones that do not need to be inserted into the ears. Xtrainerz transmit sound not through speakers, but through piezo sensors - to the bone tissue of the skull. Bone conduction technology has been around for a long time. It is used by professional pilots, and it is also used in the creation of hearing aids. The ear remains open, so that the person does not abstract from the environment.
AfterShokz Xtrainerz are IP68 rated and can dive up to 2 meters. The frame of the headphones is incredibly durable because it is made of titanium.
Headphones with a memory card are a very convenient device, especially for athletes and people leading an active lifestyle. However, in 2020, alas, there are few such headphones for sale in Russia, and those that are in stores are produced by little-known Chinese manufacturers. Sony has stopped producing earphones-players - in the catalog of the Japanese company there are more and more Bluetooth- and NFC-headphones. So if you want to try out how the classic WH303 and WH505 Walkmen sound, you'll have to look for these models on used goods sites.